CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lamb and Wool festival

Last weekend was the Lamb and Wool festival up at Thanksgiving Point. We hadn't ever gone - but my mom and sister go to wool festivals all the time and love them - so we thought we'd try it out. I was not impressed - but we had fun anyway. We could only convince Hillary to go with us:( For our admission price we each got a ticket good for either a pony ride or a wagon ride. Hillary of course wanted to use hers to ride the ponys.

She didn't get her first choice of pony but she got her second choice.

As you can see she still had a grand old time.

Pat was generous enough to let me and Hillary use the last two tickets to take a wagon ride while he waited for us. That's Rocky and Rio - the ten year old horses that pulled the wagon. At one point they got up to a trot which thrilled Hillary to death. She thought we were going "SOOOO fast."

There was nothing to hold on to and I couldn't get her to scoot any further away from me for a picture. So we got a close up.
Rocky and Rio again - after the ride.
Petting the sheep. We actually saw one get sheared - but I didn't take a picture.

Petting the Llama.
The other fun thing I didn't get pictures of was the sheep dogs herding the ducks. Pretty impressive dogs. They had some hands on stuff you could do - making a hacky sack from some wool . We tried - but they just had room temperature water and I don't think the the girls instructing us really understood. They just had Hillary roll her wet wool into a ball and after about 10 seconds told her it was done and just needed to dry. For anyone who knows felting - it didn't work. She just ended up with a wad of wool. So I was not impressed. We did see an expert spinner make some yarn from wool and I was impressed with that. Overall - I'm glad I didn't pay much to get in and the pony and wagon rides made it worth it.

0 comments: