CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ring Wreath

In one of my blog wandering episodes - I came across a wreath made of rings from canning jars. I spent a couple hours trying to find it again today and Finally did. The original wreath was from Funky Junk Interiors and was made with antique rings and looked really cool. The next generation one - from Lemon Tree Creations - had been spray-painted into the bloggers favorite colors. I decided to do mine like hers only for July.

I used a dollar store foam wreath and just cut it to slip the rings on. I covered the wreath in ribbon to hide the ugly green color. Then I found the wooden stars I had made years ago as part of a really ugly door decoration. So I cut them off and glue-gunned them onto this one where I didn't have enough rings to go all the way around. I am very pleased with the result.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love this!!! So cute and unique

Fowl Single File said...

I love, love, love this...and not just because it's cute. I have a "thing" for crafts that utilize canning jars and their accessories. I've never seen anything like this one before...great job and thanks for sharing!

Kristina P. said...

What a fun idea! I bet even I, or Jessica SImpson, could make it. Now that's easy.