CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 31, 2009

The previously promised Birthday post

Brace yourself - there are a ton of pictures that go with this post - but they're all cute of course. We were able to celebrate Hillary's real birth day at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandma made the day pretty special for Hillary and it was fun to be there. Her actual birthday party was later after we got home and you'll see pictures of that too.

Opening presents - this one is from Tasman.
More presents.

more still....

Grandma and Grandpa got her a cake from Baskin Robins. They had a great Tinkerbell candle to go on the top.
Hillary had a Pinkalicious Tea Party when we got home. We had pink tea in real teacups and pink cupcakes with cherries on the top.
She invited only girls because she doesn't like boys - they are yucky.




See that cute thing around her head? I made those for all the girls and their dolls.

I found a little teapot so they could pour their own tea.

Don't worry - it's just pink lemonade.

The pink purse pinata.
Another shot of the cute head things I made.




And the mad scramble for rings and bracelets and girly stuff I filled the pinata with.
Opening presents.

Everyone except Phoebe who came. Phoebe is one of her cousins and the rest of these girls are all from Pre-school. I couldn't convince Phoebe to get in the picture.

The girls got to keep their teacups and I put a pink cupcake in each to send them home.

One more quick note - Hillary's favorite book currently is a book called "Pinkalicious". If you have a daughter - get this book for her. She will love it. It inspired our cupcakes for the party.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love the cupcakes, then again maybe I am just hungry.

Mindy said...

I'm glad you had fun at your mom's. I hope she is doing well! I need to come see you again and catch up. The tea party pictures are really cute!