CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving Part 2

This is the first year we've done Thanksgiving on our own. I decided it was high time I started a few of my own traditions seeing as how my daughter is already almost 15. The first thing we did was get up and go participate in the Turkey Trot in Orem. It was great fun and everyone ran/walked in something. Pat did the 4 mile. Bre and I did the 2 mile. Connor was in the 1 mile and Hillary was a quarter mile. Everyone finished. It was cold and we were busy getting everyone to their starting lines so I didn't get any pictures. But we had fun and will definitely do it again next year.

Then we came home and I started the turkey. The kids decided they wanted to make it a game day so we bought a few new games and they got out a couple of stand-bys and they played games pretty much all afternoon. It was great fun.

I put Breanna and Hillary in charge of table decor. They made this cute little Turkey crayon bucket and covered the table in paper so we could draw on it. It was actually a lot of fun. Hillary spent a LOT of time coloring - especially after dinner when the table was cleared.

Hillary and Breanna's artwork.

Connor's artwork
I vowed to get the tree up in a timely manner this year so we went on Saturday and got a real one. It's been about 5 years since we had a real one or got it up early. Hillary loved decorating it with sparkly purple ornament and loves the lights.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like your tree and really want to know what that bird thing on top is. i think i need something like that for my tree.... acb

Mindy said...

Your tree looks amazing! Also, I can't believe all the running you and your family are doing. That is great. I am definitely not a runner! I hope you are doing well!