CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

We're still alive....that's something I guess

We survived our first Boy/Girl teenager party this weekend. It was rough though.

Breanna finally got me to commit to a date and had her party. She was promised a party as a reward for her AWESOME grades last year and I had been putting it off. Then summer came and she wasn't interested in having it and I thought I was off the hook. But she remembered and I gave in. She invited a bunch of her friends and I think almost everyone came. I think at one point we had 16 teenagers in the basement. They played video games and listened to music. Pretty basic stuff. I tried to talk her into a craft corner - but she sank that idea pretty quick. They did eat junk food and drink soda. I think she considered it a raging success. We tried to stay upstairs and ignore the mayhem. Hillary and Connor were in charge of chaperoning. They went downstairs every 10 minutes or so to make sure no one was up to anything they shouldn't be. I snuck in a couple shots - but I could tell they weren't into my picture taking - so I gave it up.





4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh boy, the joys of teenagers. Why do they always have the look on their face that seems to say, "whatever" ?

You're a good mom for letting the party happen!

Rachelle said...

Way to survive. It looks like it was a good one. Glad that it is not me yet...

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry I've been busy or not around lately. I hope that things get back to normal soon. I didn't even know you had this party! I hope that it went well for you and that your house is still standing.. :) See you tomorrow.

Sherry said...

I used to do the same thing with my younger ones. Thats so funny! When my older kids would have a boyfriend or girlfriend over I always sent the younger kids to see what they were doing. Your so sweet to have so many teenagers over at one time.