CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth Of July Weekend

So we had a fabulous holiday weekend. It started on Friday when Breanna came home from Girls Camp. We went swimming in the evening for a couple hours and had a blast. Then we went to bed early because we had to get up early for the race on Saturday. Bre and Connor ran the 1 mile race and Pat ran the 5K. I am so proud of all three of them for even participating. But they all did well and had a good time.



This is Pat just yards from the finish line. He's right in the middle.

This is Connor just yard's from the finish line. Breanna is actually right behind him but my camera didn't reset fast enough to catch her.

The kids had a different starting place than Pat - so logistically we had to be careful. We had to go to the finish line area to pick up their shirts first - then I left Connor and Breanna there (because that's where they actually started) and drive Pat over to his starting place about a mile away. I told the kids to stay right where I left them so I could find them when I got back (hopefully before the race started). They obeyed very well and stayed put. Luckily I got back before they started because I had left them sitting in what was to be the cue for the 10K. When I left no one was there - but when I got back all these die-hard runners were crowded in around them. But we got them where they needed to be and they both finished and did well.



This is Hillary sitting by the finish line with me just waiting.



I think we're doing 3 more races this year, the lavender race next weekend, a fundraiser race in August for the family of a friend of ours, and the turkey trot in November. Maybe next summer I will start racing. We'll see.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

The Turkey Trot is a fun one. We will see you there!

Christine said...

What cool kids!