CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Self-Imposed Ban

We were out on Saturday running errands and had popped into Williams Sonoma to just browse around. My very independent 4 year old picked up a really pretty minty green colored butcher knife to show me. She had taken the cover off and before I could stop her she had touched the blade with her little finger and cut herself right good. We got a bandaid from the nice lady and I sent Hillary out to sit on the bench with the other kids while Pat and I finished our business inside. It actually took several bandaids and several hours to completely quit bleeding. I was pretty close to going to get her a couple stitches. We had to threaten stitches a couple times to keep her from playing with the band-aid. But as you can see - it didn't phase her too much. And it's all fine now. Then yesterday we were in the health food store. They have a play area so I put Hillary in there and left Bre to watch her. Her bandaid came off and Hillary took the initiative to find a worker and ask if they had a bandaid she could use. It's scary impressive how independent she has become.

You can also see that she declared it Summer on Saturday with her shorts and tank top. It wasn't really that warm - but there was no convincing her otherwise.

0 comments: