CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day at the Cemetery

Here we are at the cemetery. We met Grandma Carol and Cathy at Grandpa's grave. We tried to wash it off - but the streaks are part of the stone now I think. But we did get the bird poop off so that was nice.


This is us waiting for Grandma to arrive.
It was the first Memorial Day since Adam died. Originally Breanna announced she was going to spend the whole day sitting by his grave - but I think she has moved on just a little and didn't feel the need to do that any more. So we took some flowers over and took some pictures and that was enough for both of them.

And for those of you who are curious - but live far away here is a picture of both sides of the headstone. My mom doesn't like that her name is on her parents headstone - she thinks it's creepy. But Breanna feels the exact opposite and really likes that her name is on there.



So that was our trip to the cemetery. Lucky for me they are both at the same cemetery and it's only on the other side of town. But I've finally arrived at the stage in my life when I feel inclined to buy mums from the grocery store because I actually have graves to decorate. Sigh.





2 comments:

Erin said...

What a neat day. I'm glad you were able to visit both graves and that Breanna and Connor are both doing well. The headstones look beautiful.

Julie said...

I bought my first mum this year.