CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday Summer Tips

Over at Bottles Barbies & Boys she is hosting a Summer Tips and Advice Tuesday. So I'm participating. I'm reviving an activity from our youth. SHRINKY DINKS! I bought the shrinky dink plastic sheets at the local craft store. You just give each kid a sheet of plastic and some colored pencils. Mine weren't that excited when we first started until they saw what happened when I shrunk them. Now there is never enough plastic to go around. We make key chains, jewelry you name it we make it and the kids love it. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

You mean they still make those?

Great way to take the kids on a craft time machine!

Thanks for participating ;)

debi9kids said...

My kids LOVE them too!!!! I buy the blank sheets and then they trace their favorite coloring book images. So fun!
Great idea for rainy days in the summer! Thanks!
:) Debi
ps I saw you on the list at B,B&B and had to say "hi".

Erin said...

Wow, I never thought those fun little plastic treasures would ever be "cool" again. I guess you just never know!