CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 19, 2010

22 days of Thanks - Day 16

Today I am thankful that I am smart enough to replace my own garbage disposal. I finally wore the old one out and we had to get a new one. I was able to replace it with only one additional trip to the Home Depot (we had to get a cord kit so we could plug it in - who knew?). Now I am the proud owner of a Badger 5 - 2 tier disposal system. That means it chops it up once then sends it on to be chopped up again before going down the pipes. According to the brochure I can now send whole carrots, half artichokes, apple cores and potatoe peels down it. Don't panic - I won't actually do any of that - but I like to know I could if my life depended on it:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... i am living in my first house as an adult that has a GD and wondering after reading this post if there are things that shouldn't be going down?? i put potato peels down there and i won't list what else. can you educate me because i am pretty sure this one is not double tiered-my landlord is too cheap for that fanciness...

Anonymous said...

by the way- that was me, acb