CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

22 days of Thanks - Day 19

Today I am thankful for my parents.

It wasn't too long ago we almost lost mom when she got hit by a car. I am so thankful she survived. And not only that - she has managed to teach us all about learning to deal with what you have and be grateful for it. And to live in the here and now and not waste time with your loved ones. She taught me more than I have room to list and I am grateful every day for that.

The other day when I posted about my garbage disposal my mom commented that I had my Dad to be thankful for for the ability to fix things myself. He raised very independent girls who can take care of themselves. For that I am grateful. He has been such an example of love and service since my mom's accident. He has given selflessly and tirelessly to my mother. He is also the best Grandpa ever. My kids know that if they ever have a question about anything they can call Grandpa and he will know the answer. They think he is the smartest person ever - and I tend to agree.

I love you Mom and Dad.

0 comments: